HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Dr. Janet Kohtz, FCOVD, NORA
Dr. April Spurling, OD
Riverside Institute of Vision Rehabilitation
We are a full scope family practice, examining and treating patients from 4 months to 100+ years in age. Dr. Kohtz also helps children and adults with vision problems related to many neurological conditions, including traumatic brain injury (TBI), stroke, Parkinson's disease, and autism. Other vision-related difficulties addressed are (1) learning problems, so that children can excel in school, and (2) patients with crossed or wandering eyes (regardless of age or number of surgeries), to achieve binocularity (depth perception and 3D vision). In addition, for computer users, we prescribe preventatively to keep patients from developing progressive myopia (nearsightedness).
The Kohtz and Spurling Riverside Institute of Vision Rehabilitation provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants, Preschoolers and Seniors
- Eyewear Designing and Dispensing
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Vision Therapy and Visual Rehabilitation for All Ages
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems which can include or relate to
Eye Tracking and/or Eye Teaming, and
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or other neurological conditions, including Autism, Parkinson's Disease, Stroke, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, MS, etc.
Dr. Janet Kohtz was interviewed as an Eye Doctor Expert on the Treatment of the Visual Problems related to Parkinson's Disease.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Treatment of Eye Diseases and Co-Management of Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) Co-management and Consultation
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
Dr. April Spurling focuses her practice on Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation. She works with patients who have experienced visual changes following a neurological event such as a stroke, cerebral vascular accident, traumatic brain injury, MS and Parkinson's disease among others. She also works with children and adults who have vision related learning difficulties and strabismus.
Dr. Spurling is a graduate of Western University College of Optometry. She completed a fellowship in Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation at the Padula Institute of Vision Rehabilitation under Dr. William Padula. She is the recipient of the Padula Institute of Vision Rehabilitation Award and the OEP clinical curriculum award.
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
Optometrists Dr. Kohtz and Spurling provides special needs, pediatric, geriatric eye care, comprehensive vision care, eye screenings, eye exercises, vision training, visual therapy, Riverside, CA, Corona, San Bernadino, Temecula, Redlands, Fontana, Colton, pre-school or preschool eye examinations, Back to School eye exams
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use