HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Fox Vision Development Center
Dr. Robert S. Fox, FCOVD
Board Certified in Vision Therapy and Visual Rehabilitation
1202 Troy-Schenectady Rd
Latham, NY 12110
Serving patients from the Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga Springs, New York metro area
I am Dr. Robert Fox, and I welcome those who are seeking information about Behavioral Optometry, Vision Therapy, and Learning-related Vision Problems. We at the Fox Vision Development Center are dedicated to providing the highest level of behavioral vision care. Our Schenectady location, is easily accessible to residents of New York's Capital Region and the surrounding counties.
What Is Behavioral or Development Optometry?
Behavioral or Developmental Optometry is the health care field which deals with the prevention and remediation of functional vision problems. We look beyond 20/20 eyesight as being the definition of good vision. We have learned that many visual skills, such as eye teaming, eye focusing, eye tracking, and visual perception, are necessary for optimal visual functioning in all areas, including learning and sports. Deficiencies in these visual skills areas can cause many symptoms such as blurred near vision, headaches, fatigue, motion sickness and double vision. Behavioral optometrist utilize glasses, contact lenses, and vision therapy to prevent and treat these vision problems.
Family Optometry Center provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
- Treatment of Eye Diseases and Co-Management of Surgery
- Vision Therapy for Children, Teenagers, Adults (All Ages!)
- Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including
Reading Problems, and Eye Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), No Depth Perception or Poor Depth Perception (Stereoscopic Vision), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Concussions or Post-Concussion Syndrome, Autism or Autistic, Stroke, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), etc.
- Answers for Computer Vision Syndrome and Stress-related Visual Difficulties, including Nearsightedness, Eyestrain, Headaches, Words Moving Around on the Page, etc.
- Provider of Syntonic Optometric Vision Therapy - Visual Treatments with Light (Phototherapy or Light Therapy)
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
Serving the Albany, Schenedectady, and Saratoga Springs area: Pediatric ophthalmologists, opthalmologists, eye doctors for lazy eye, ADHD, developmental delays, non-verbal learning disorders, autism, autistic, holistic eye care. Eye Vision Specialist providing Syntonics or Phototherapy for Seasonal Affective Disorders and many Vision Problems or Eye Conditions.
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use