HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Fox Vision Development Center
Dr. Robert S. Fox, FCOVD
1202 Troy-Schenectady Rd
Latham, NY 12110
I am Dr. Robert Fox, and I welcome those who are seeking information about Behavioral Optometry, Vision Therapy, and Learning-related Vision Problems. We at the Fox Vision Development Center are dedicated to providing the highest level of behavioral vision care. Our Schenectady location, is easily accessible to residents of New York's Capital Region and the surrounding counties.
What Is Behavioral Optometry?
Behavioral optometry is the health care field which deals with the prevention and remediation of functional vision problems. We look beyond 20/20 eyesight as being the definition of good vision. We have learned that many visual skills, such as eye teaming, eye focusing, tracking, and perception, are necessary for optimum visual functioning. Deficiencies in these areas can cause many symptoms such as blurred near vision, headache, fatigue, and double vision. Behavioral optometrist utilize glasses, contact lenses, and vision therapy to prevent and treat these vision problems.
Family Optometry Center provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
- Treatment of Eye Diseases and Co-Management of Surgery
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including
Reading, and Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Autism or Autistic, Stroke, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, MS, etc.
- Answers for Computer Vision Syndrome and Stress-related Visual Difficulties, including Nearsightedness, Eyestrain, and Headaches
- Provider of Syntonic Optometric - Visual Treatments with Light (Phototherapy or Light Therapy)
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
Pediatric ophthalmologists, opthalmologists, eye doctors for lazy eye, ADHD, developmental delays, non-verbal learning disorders, autism, autistic, holistic eye care in Latham, Schenectady, NY, New York and also serving Albany metro area and Saratoga Springs area. Eye Vision Specialist providing Syntonics or Phototherapy for Seasonal Affective Disorders and Eye Conditions.
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use