HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Rick J. Morris, O.D., FCOVD
Academy of Visual Achievement
Board Certified in Vision Therapy and Visual Rehabilitation (FCOVD)
12265 West Bayaud Avenue, Suite 120
Lakewood, CO 80228
The Academy of Visual Achievement is dedicated to the development and enhancement of the visual system. Dr. Rick J. Morris, a board-certified behavioral optometrist, works with infants, pediatrics and adolescents in helping them achieve their maximum potential at home, school, and play. With the use of neuro-testing, lenses, prisms and/or vision therapy, the office guides children to gather and process visual information faster, more efficiently and with less energy.
Academy of Visual Achievement provides:
Dr. Rick J. Morris, O.D., FCOVD credentials:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations - evaluates visual skills (focusing, eye tracking, eye teaming, depth perception, etc.) refractive status (nearsightedness, farsightedness, etc.), and ocular health (eye disease)
- Developmental Visual Examinations - evaluates visual development and how it relates to overall development of the child, including gross motor, fine motor, ocular motor and visual perceptual development
- Doctor-Supervised Vision Therapy - designed to arrange conditions for the child or adult to learn how to use his/her visual system more efficiently to gather and process information. Dr. Morris works with both children AND adults presenting with:
- Visual Rehabilitation Treatment and Aids for Special Populations, including Patients with Acquired or Traumatic Brain Injuries or Neurological Disorders, including Post-Concussion Syndrome, Stroke, Hemianopsia Field Loss, Whiplash, Developmental Delays, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis
- Myopia (nearsightedness) prevention and/or reduction (including slowing progression)
- Specialized Neurological and Electrophysiology Testing - Dr. Morris is an expert in Visual Electrophysiology who offers the following advanced testing methods: Electroretinography (ERG) and Visual Evoked Potential (VEP). For example, full-field ERG testing is appropriate for diagnosis and/or assessment of retinal disease, including retinopathy and macular degeneration. Standard VEP testing, including multifocal VEP testing, is especially useful in proving non-organic loss of visual acuity and visual fields.
- Behavioral Optometrist (Neuro-developmental Optometrist)
- Board Certified in Vision Therapy, Visual Development and Visual Rehabilitation (FCOVD)
- Former State Director of Optometric Extension Program Foundation (OEPF)
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
Dr. Rick Morris is an expert developmental neuro-optometrist who provides pediatric eye care, optometric vision therapy, and specialized vision care to patients from Aurora, Denver, Lakewood, Boulder, Thornton, Westminster, Centennial, and Arvada, Colorado.
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use