HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Dr. Marsha Benshir, FNORA
Center for Vision Development
Fellow, Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association (FNORA)
Family Vision Care, including Developmental and/or Rehabilitative Care
Vision Therapy and Vision Rehabilitation (NeuroRehabilitation)
New Market, MD
Rockville - Frederick, MD area
Dr. Benshir is affiliated with Adventist Rehabilitation Hospital in Rockville, Maryland in the Frederick, MD area and, in addition, with Medstar National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington, D.C. Dr. Marsha Benshir is the only neurorehabilitation, low vision rehabilitation and neuro-developmental optometrist who provides vision therapy in the Frederick, MD area. Dr. Benshir also has a private practice office in New Market, MD.
Dr. Marsha Benshir provides comprehensive vision care as well as vision rehabilitation and vision therapy to patients of all ages, including pediatrics and geriatrics. Dr. Benshir helps patients to improve their visual functioning and quality of life with non-surgical correction of vision problems that impact reading comprehension, learning, sports, and job performance.
As a neuro-developmental optometrist, Dr. Benshir specializes in diagnosing and treating binocular (two-eyed) vision disorders including convergence insufficiency, amblyopia (lazy eye) and strabismus. She also specializes in diagnosing and treating visual problems related to congenital and acquired brain disorders, such as ADHD, traumatic brain injury (TBI) and stroke. Learn more about the many types of patients and visual conditions that Dr. Benshir successfully treats below...
Dr. Marsha Benshir provides:
- Vision Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Congenital or Acquired Brain Disorders, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Neurobiological and/or Pervasive Developmental Delays, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Stroke, Whiplash, CP, MS, etc.
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems, including
ADD/ADHD ((i)Attention Deficit Disorder or Attention Deficity Hyperactivity Disorder(/i),
Dyslexia or Dyslexic,
Reading Difficulties, and
Eye Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision/Brain Disorders, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency Disorder (near vision coordination deficit),
Diplopia (Double Vision), Lack of Stereopsis (loss of normal binocular depth perception), and
Strabismus (crossed eye or cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress and Fatigue from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Vision Therapy for All Ages, including Pediatrics, Geriatrics
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for Children and Adults, including Infants, Preschoolers and Seniors
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Specialty Lenses, such as Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Enhancement for Amateur and Professional Athletes
- Eyewear Designing and Dispensing
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
Expert Eye Care and Vision Rehab for many Visual Neurological Conditions, including Lazy Eye, Congenital, Acquired or Traumatic Brain Injury in New Market, MD and Frederick, Maryland - also serving patients who come from Mount Airy, Damascus, Green Valley, Urbana, Kemptown, Monrovia, and the Baltimore area.
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use