Vision Care Centre is an Optometry practice in Perth, Western Australia, that is accredited by the Victorian College of Optometry. We aim to provide quality care for the visual needs of individuals ranging from infants to the aged. We utilize state of the art eyecare technology to best care for our patients. We apply a developmental approach to vision to detect and correct hidden vision conditions or problems that may affect behaviour, may cause learning problems or difficulties in school or performance at work and sports.
At Vision Care Centre we provide:
ABOUT THE STAFF
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for all ages, including infants and preschoolers
- Wide range of frames and lenses to suit all budgets
- On the spot claims from most health funds
- Contact Lens fitting and follow-up, including Multifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Orthokeratology Contact Lenses
- Assessment and Treatment of Visual Information Processing issues, including Directionality, Visual Form Perception, Visual Attention Span and Visualization
- Vision Therapy for all ages
- Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Reading, and Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Strabismus (eye turns) and Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Nearsightedness, Headaches or Computer Vision Syndrome
- Laser vision Correction (LASIK) Co-management and Consultation
- Intuitive Colorimetry Assessment for Precision Tinted Lenses to Manage Visual Stress and Photosensitive Migraine
Chris Chong, B.Optom, M.Optom, FACBO, FCOVD-I, FACO
Chris, our Optometrist, graduated from the University of New South Wales,
Sydney, with a Bachelor of Optometry and a Master of Optometry. He has
special interests in Behavioural and Paediatric Optometry, Contact Lenses
and Sports Vision.
Chris is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Behavioural Optometrists,
College of Optometrists in Vision Development (USA) and the Australian
College of Optometry. He has previously served as the Western Australia
Regional Director of the Australasian College of Behavioural Optometrists.
Chris has spoken in Optometry conferences both locally and internationally
and has published papers in Optometry journals. Other than Optometry, Chris
has interests in Theology and Applied Finance. He completed a Diploma of
Theology, a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance as well as a Graduate
Diploma in Financial Planning.
Rachel Chong, BSc(Hons), M.Chem, DipOptDisp, COVT
Rachel is a Certified Optometric Vision Therapist and Optical Dispenser. She
graduated with Bachelor and Masters degrees from the University of New South
Wales and has a Diploma in Optical Dispensing from the Guild of Optical
Dispensers (NSW). She is a Certified Optometric Vision Therapist of both the
Australasian College of Behavioural Optometrists and College of Optometrists
in Vision Development (USA). Rachel has spoken in Optometry conferences
both locally and internationally.
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.