HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Dr. James E. Bruns, FCOVD
North Bay Vision Center
6180 State Farm Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Our new and expanded vision center is very pleased to welcome you to our office. Dr. Bruns and his qualified staff offer high level care with attention to detail. Providing quality vision care is our main goal and the focus of our practice.
We offer computer assisted vision examinations using state of the art technology. Our vision therapy program has a large variety of equipment and procedures to work on many types of cases. It is our desire for you to have a comfortable and rewarding experience in our office and to exceed your expectations.
North Bay Vision Center provides:
About the Doctor
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
- Eyewear Designing and Dispensing
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Treatment of Eye Diseases and Co-Management of Surgery
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems, including
Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Autism, Stroke, Whiplash, CP, MS, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) Co-management and Consultation
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
Dr. Bruns specializes in vision therapy for the treatment of vision related learning problems and binocular vision disorders. He attended the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa and the University of Hawaii in Honolulu, Hawaii. He received his Bachelor of Science in Vision Science and Doctor of Optometry from Illinois College of Optometry. Having attended many postgraduate courses, he has been the recipient of the Optometric Recognition Award for several years. He has taken additional courses at the University of California at Berkeley and received diagnostic and therapeutic drug certification. He is a past president of the Redwood Empire Optometric Society, a member of the American Optometric Association, California Optometric Association, Optometric Extension Program, College of Optometrists in Vision Development, Rotary International, and the Rohnert Park Chamber of Commerce.
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
optometrists, eye doctors, pediatric eye care, eye exam, vision care, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Bellevue, Cotati, Penngrove, Wilfred, Stony Point, Washoe, Turner, Orchard, Woodworth, Petaluma, California, CA
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use