HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Kathy L. Shamblin, O.D., FCOVD
Board Certified in Vision Therapy (FCOVD)
Bedford Vision and Eye Clinic
915 Colloredo Blvd.
Shelbyville, TN 37160
including Chromagen Colored Lenses for Dyslexia, Reading Problems, and/or Colorblindness
We are a full scope family eye care practice dedicated to providing the highest quality vision care to children and adults, including pediatrics, geriatrics, and special needs. We take a comprehensive holistic approach and are the only vision care practice in the greater Nashville metro area that also provides vision therapy, corneal refractive therapy, and nutritional counseling. With a highly trained staff and state of the art equipment, we go beyond 20/20.
Bedford Vision Clinic provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
- Prescription Eyeglasses Frames and Lenses - High-end Designer and Affordable, including
specialty eyewear, such as cutting edge Chromagen eyeglasses to correct dyslexia, reading problems and/or color blindness
ChromaGen® is a patented color lens technology — high tech eyeglasses with colored lenses — for people struggling with dyslexia, vision-related learning disabilities, reading problems and/or color blindness. FDA cleared for individuals with reading difficulties, ChromaGen® lenses are non-invasive and effective. No surgery, drugs or chemicals are involved, so there is no risk of side effects or adverse reactions as can sometimes be the case with medical devices and procedures.
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Treatment of Eye Diseases, including Macular Degeneration, Eyecare for Diabetes and Dry Eye Syndrome
- Primary Care Co-Management of Surgery, including Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) Co-management and Consultation
- Vision Therapy and Eye Exercises for All Ages
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems which can include or relate to
Eye Tracking and/or Eye Teaming Problems, and
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Autism, Stroke, Whiplash, CP, MS, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
optometrists, eye doctors, pediatric eye care, pre-school or preschool eye examinations, Back to School eye exams, vision care, screenings, eye exercises, vision training, visual therapy, Shelbyville, TN, Murfreesboro, Tullahoma, Winchester, Fayetteville, Lewisburg and Manchester, Tennessee
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use