HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Norman L. Elliott, O.D.
Family and Pediatric Eye Care with Vision Therapy
4841-F Hixson Pike
Hixson, TN 37343
We are a full scope optometric practice -- in the Chattanooga metro area -- dedicated to providing the highest quality vision care to children and adults in a friendly, comfortable, and professional atmosphere. With a highly trained staff and state of the art equipment, we go beyond 20/20.
Norman L. Elliott, O.D. provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages
- Eyeglasses Prescriptions, Designing and Dispensing - for more information, see Eyeglasses, including Progressives and Computer Glasses
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up. More information, see Diagnostic Fitting for Contact Lenses in Chattanooga, TN including Toric, Monovision, and Bifocal lenses (Gas Perm and Soft)
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Syntonic Phototherapy
Many people have heard of light therapy to treat babies with jaundice and people of all ages with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Syntonic phototherapy is colored light therapy that is applied directly to the eyes to treat visual problems, such as double vision, poor eye tracking, deficient eye teaming, problems with focusing, balance and eye-hand coordination, restricted visual fields, and more.
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems which can include or relate to
Eye Tracking and/or Eye Teaming, and
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia (lazy eye),
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Autism, Stroke, Whiplash, CP, MS, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) Co-management and Consultation
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
Norman L. Elliott, O.D. -- a developmental behavioral optometrist -- provides pediatric and family eyecare, Vision Therapy (also known as doctor-supervised eye exercises, vision training, or visual therapy) and Syntonics (also known as colored light therapy or phototherapy) to patients of all ages from cities in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama, such Chattanooga, TN, Soddy-Daisy, Middle Valley, Red Bank, East Ridge, Ridgeside, East Brainerd, Cleveland, Collegedale, Fort Ogelthorpe, GA
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use