HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Merrick Vision Therapy
Arnold Sherman, O.D., F.A.A.O., F.C.O.V.D.
Diplomate, Binocular Vision and Perception
Distinguished Practitioner - National Academies of Practice
Andrew Sherman, O.D.
227 Merrick Avenue
Merrick, NY 11566
We are excited to welcome Dr. Andrew Sherman to the practice. Dr. Andrew Sherman graduated with honors from SUNY College of Optometry in the spring of 2017. He was awarded the Mr. and Mrs. Irving Unger Award for Excellence in Optometry and the Dr. Frederick W. Brock Memorial Award for Outstanding Clinical Performance in Vision Training.
Dr. Andrew Sherman focused his clinical training in vision therapy and neuro-optometric rehabilitation through rotations at Ezra Medical Center and SUNY College of Optometry. He also completed a rotation at Woodhull Hospital gaining experience in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease. He provides full scope optometric care with a special interest in vision therapy, sports vision, and primary care.
Dr. Arnold Sherman is an internationally known lecturer and clinician as well as the author of over 40 papers. Read more...
Drs. Arnold and Andrew Sherman practice in Merrick, Long Island and specialize in the examination and treatment of children, high school and college students, and athletes. The doctors successfully treat visually related learning problems, eye strain and focusing difficulties, lazy-eye, visual perceptual-motor skills, tracking, and eye-hand coordination and reaction time for athletes.
Merrick Vision Therapy provides:
Dr. Arnold Sherman is a clinical professor at SUNY College of Optometry and has served as the Director of Amblyopia Studies, Chief of the Vision Training Clinic, Director of Internships, Co-founder of the Learning Disability Unit, and currently teaches the Vision Rehabilitation and Therapy Residents.
- Primary Eye Care, including Pediatric Eye Care, Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Disease, etc.
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers to Seniors
- Neuro-Developmental Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems which can include or relate to
Reading Problems, and Visual Processing, Eye Tracking and/or Eye Teaming Problems
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia (lazy eye),
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Neuro-Optometric Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Stroke, Concussion, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson‘s, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Dizziness, Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Sports Vision Training based on Specialized Sports Vision Assessment and Eye Testing. Find out about Eye - Hand - Body Coordination Exercises that Improve Sports Performance for All Ages
Dr. Arnold Sherman was awarded outstanding sports vision optometrist for his efforts in the development and contributions to the field of Sports Vision by the American Optometric Association.
Dr. Arnold Sherman was director of Vision Enhancement Training Programs for the United States
Olympic Committee Elite Athlete Program. He has worked with thousands of athletes in all sports including 50 professional Tennis Players.
He has consulted with the following teams:
- 1980 US OLYMPIC HOCKEY TEAM (GOLD MEDAL WINNERS: MIRACLE TEAM)
- 1984 US OLYMPIC VOLLEYBALL TEAM (GOLD MEDAL WINNERS)
- NEW YORK JETS
- NEW YORK KNICKS
- NEW YORK RANGERS
- US OLYMPIC ARCHERY TEAM
- US OLYMPIC FENCING TEAM
- US OLYMPIC HANDBALL TEAM
- ST. JOHN'S BASKETBALL TEAM
- ST. JOHN'S BASEBALL TEAM
- MAJOR AND MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS
- NEW YORK STATE TENNIS DOUBLES CHAMPIONS
- US TENNIS ASSOCIATION JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
optometrists, eye doctors, pediatric eye care, eye care, vision care, Merrick, Uniondale, Hempstead, Rockville Centre, North Bellmore, East Meadow, Levittown, Freeport, Baldwin, New York, NY
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use